The City of Waterford provides water and sewage, and contracts for garbage pick-up.
Utility bills for the prior month’s use are mailed to customers monthly. All bills are due upon receipt. Any charges not paid by the delinquent date specified on the bill will be subject to a $10 penalty. A fifteen day notice is mailed if an account becomes delinquent. Water will be turned off or trash service discontinued without further notice if the bill is not paid in full.
When a service is discontinued due to non-payment, it shall not be resumed until a payment of all delinquent charges and penalties are made, and until such of the following charges as are applicable are paid:
Payment to reconnect service must be made prior to 3:00 pm to have service reconnected the same day. After 3:00 pm, service will not be reconnected until the following day.
Pursuant to the Waterford Municipal Code it is unlawful for any person to interfere with the City utility service lines, valves or meters, or to construct and bypass around a meter or services, as stated in the Waterford Municipal Code. Additional penalties will be applied to the bill should any of these events occur.
It is your responsibility to notify the City when you move or wish any changes made in your account. The meter will be read on the date you specify as the closing date, and the closing bill will be prorated for the prior month’s service.
New Account Setup
Accounts may be opened in person at City Hall. For all “Starting Service” requests, there is a $25.00 Account Set-up Fee which must be paid at time service is established. There are no fees for discontinuing service or billing address changes. Except for spouses, a request to change the name on an account is the same as requesting “Start Service.”
A $100 water deposit and $63.06 sewer deposit is added to the first monthly bill for all residents who rent or lease their home. The deposit shall be applied to the closing bill upon moving and any remaining credit will be refunded. If the customer moves to a new city service location, a new account will be opened and a new deposit will be required to start services. The deposit will not earn interest. The deposit for sewer and water can be waived with proof of good payment history from another utility provider.
- Please use the envelope provided with your bill to mail in your payment. Cash and check payments only.
- The payment drop box is located outside the main entrance of City Hall. Cash and check payments only.
Pay In Person
- Payment can be made in person at City Hall. Cash, check and credit/debit card payments. There is a $3.95 service charge for payments made with a credit or debit card.
- Payment can be made ONLINE with your credit or debit card. There is a $3.95 service charge for each transaction.
Over the Phone
- Payment can be made over the phone by calling (209) 874-2328 with your credit or debit card. There is a $3.95 service charge for each transaction.
- Authorize regularly scheduled charges to your checking/savings account. You will be charged the total amount due to the City of Waterford each billing period. The charge will appear on your bank statement as “Direct Debit City of Waterford.” There is no service charge.
- Payments can be made at Pioneer Market, 12138 Yosemite Boulevard, Waterford. There is no service charge.
Please include the bottom portion of your bill with all payments.
Utility Bill Assistance Program
Qualifying customers can receive a $10 discount on the total utility bill.
How to apply:
- Fill out a Utility Bill Assistance Program application
- Attach required documentation (Proof of Monthly Income, IRS form 4506-T, Copy of Waterford Water/Sewer Bill)
- Sign, date and return form with required documentation to CVOC – Central Valley Opportunity Center, 1581 Cummins Drive, Suite 101, Modesto, CA 95358
Senior Discount Program
Customers over the age of 65 are eligible for a $10 monthly discount on their utility bill, regardless of income.
How to apply:
1. Fill out Senior Discount application
2. Bring proof of age, residency and completed application to City Hall