On behalf of the City of Waterford, California, we welcome and thank you for your interest in our community!
Interested in getting monthly updates on the City? Find out what’s being constructed on that empty lot, what’s City Council reviewing, and many other things that are coming our way.
*CITY OF WATERFORD DRAFT WATER RATE SCHEDULE*
A water rate study was completed by Hansford Economic Consulting. The objectives of the rate study included development of a strategy for meeting the utility’s ongoing financial obligations for the five year planning period (FY 2016-17 through FY 2021-22) and assessment of changes to the rate structure in keeping with the City’s goals to encourage water conservation and system sustainability. The anticipated project costs exceed $14 million in future dollars over the next ten years.
The reason for the proposed water rate increase is to collect revenues sufficient to cover increased expenses as a result of:
• Operation and maintenance expenses (O&M), (e.g., well rehabilitation, well replacements, treatment of well water) required to provide continued safe service to City customers;
• Capital projects required to comply with Department of Public Health’s regulations; and
• Capital projects to replace older facilities that have reached the end of their useful lives and need replacement to ensure the continued safe service to City customers; and
• City personnel, in order to have experienced, trained professionals operate the existing potable water supply and distribution system as efficiently as possible.
If adopted, the proposed water and sewer rate charges will be implemented over the next five (5) years. The amount of both the water and sewer bill will depend on the meter type for the service charge and on consumption for the use charge. All rates will be effective December 1, 2016 and reflected on the January 2017 bill. Rates will then increase every July 1 starting in 2017 through 2021 by varying percentages for all meter sizes.
City of Waterford Watering Schedule, for Waterford and Hickman.
*The schedule from 2015 is still in effect.
- Request for Proposals (RFP) for a Classification and Compensation Study
- Request for Proposal (RFP) for a 20 Year Civic Facilities Master Plan
- 4th Annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Stanislaus County Library Customer Survey
- 2015 WATER CONSUMER CONFIDENCE REPORTS
- City of Waterford Enterprise Systems
- Abandoned Vehicle Hotline-NEW!!!
- Stanislaus Micro-Enterprise Assistance Program FAQ’s
- City of Waterford 2016 Project List-Updated 7/5/16
- PALS 2016 Waterford Youth Basketball League